90's Kid on the east coast

 I believe in magic. That’s a statement. It still exists when I wanna see it. And of course I was raised in a magical town of Vizag, some may call it a smart city now, it doesn’t matter for me. I'm a 90's kid. That was a magical era where all the good things that are a part of me came from. It’s the generation which saw the major exponential changes of the 21st century, starting with computers and mobile phones. And all the things that made humans grounded slowly started to perish, at least that’s what I believe.

 Time and again we try to be that 90's kid holding on to all the good things. We are the long lasting links of that transformation existing in this new world. And I'm nothing but grateful for that time now. Playing in the mud, getting rebuked by my mom for coming late to home after long hours of playing, me and my brother pretending to be a shopkeeper and customer when we are finished throwing things at each other and nothing left to do, getting hit by a cork ball (a punishment for refusing to move out of the cricket field). Blackmailing my brother for taking the cricket ball from gutter…ah!! that's my favourite, he would do anything for not revealing that to my mom. The golden lanes of memory being a 90's kid.! Just some of them. 

Now the world got the magic educated right of our souls. It got churned out by globalisation and silicon valley. We are conditioned to act our age. And you know why we were told that? Because the others were afraid of our magic and silver filaments of chance and comets inside of us. But why do we go so far away from it? May be we are not that far away from it if you think. We can get embarrassingly all weepy while watching movies. It's because in that dark, for those few seconds of knowing and remembering the golden pool, a childish magic is touched. Very briefly. We come out into the white noise of the real world logics and expectations, the tears dry up but deep inside our little hearts are sad not comprehending why… 

We are out of the magic realm after that brief moment of time. That's why...and that is why I believe in magic. Infact, it's there all around us like a warm invisible cloak. Its always there when we need it and it’s a necessity if you ask me.

Popular Posts